When it comes to food, there are endless options to choose from. With so many cuisines and dishes available, it can be hard to decide what to eat. However, if you’re looking for a delicious and culturally rich option, you can’t go wrong with halal Chinese food. This blog post will give you a brief overview of halal food and some of the best dishes to try.
What is Halal Food?
Halal food is that which is permissible according to Islamic law. The term “halal” covers not just food and drink, but all aspects of life. In regards to food, it means that the animal has been slaughtered in accordance with Islamic guidelines and that no forbidden ingredients have been used in the dish.
For Muslims, eating halal is a religious obligation. However, halal food is also enjoyed by people of other faiths or no faith at all. That’s because halal food is simply good food! It’s healthy, delicious, and nutritious. Chinese halal cuisine has a long history and has been influenced by both Muslim and non-Muslim cultures over the years. As a result, it is one of the most diverse and interesting types of cuisine available.
Some of the Best Dishes to Try
There are countless fantastic Chinese halal dishes to choose from. However, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorites for you to try:
- Mutton Rolls: These delicate little rolls are stuffed with tender shredded mutton that has been cooked in a special sauce. They are then fried until golden brown and served hot with a dipping sauce on the side.
- Chicken corn soup: This soup is a comforting bowl of chicken broth that is filled with chunks of chicken, sweetcorn, and egg. It’s perfect for a cold winter’s day or anytime you’re feeling under the weather.
- Sesame prawn toast: This dish consists of deep-fried bread that is topped with shrimp paste and sesame seeds. It can be a starter or served as part of the main course.
- Beef chow mein: Fresh egg noodles are stir-fried with beef and veggies in a dark soy sauce to make beef chow mein, a traditional Cantonese dish. It is substantial and full but also light enough that you won’t feel sluggish after eating it.
- Fried aubergine in chili sauce: This dish consists of thin slices of aubergine that are coated in batter and deep-fried until crispy. They are then stir-fried with diced onions, garlic, chilies, and Bok choy in a deliciously spicy sauce.
- Green tea lava cake: This dessert consists of a soft green tea sponge cake that is filled with molten chocolate lava. It’s rich, indulgent, and absolutely delicious!
No matter what your tastes may be, there’s sure to be something on this list that will tantalize your taste buds. So next time you’re wondering what to eat, why not give Chinese halal cuisine a try? You won’t be disappointed!